Thursday, December 20, 2007
Year of Firsts
This year for my Christmas gifts to my friends and neighbors I decided to make candy and treats to give out. My cousin Lindsay came over on Monday and we made caramels, fudge, the sweet chex mix with almonds and coconut and then the next day I made caramel popcorn. I wrapped up the chex or popcorn and then put the caramels and fudge on a plate. I love getting that kind of thing but I have never attempted to make it. Let me just tell you that the fudge recipe is so good. The best I have had, I think. It was a lot of fun to make. Ali and her kids came over (Ali is Joe's friend Mark's girlfriend) and then of course Lindsay and her kids. It was chaos and tons of fun. I was glad that we did it and it was great to hear the neighbors tell me how good the fudge and caramels were. Maybe I will attempt to do it again next year, maybe not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
hey where's my fudge? And caramels..Didn't you know those are my 2 favorite foods!!!??
Totally do it next year! It was so good!!
sounds like we moved 2 christmas' to soon.
Very ambitious, Jen! Way to go! I have yet to deliver anything to friends/ neighbors. I figure I've got 4 days, right?
Well I guess I don't feel too bad. I love my red jewels, THANKS! They are Beautiful!
Kristen H.
Good for you! I wanted to do something like that this year, but i couldn't find the energy to do it. Instead, I am taking advantage of having a full sized kitchen for a bit and making fun meals. Sounds like you had lots of fun and I'm sure that the recipients had lots of fun as well. :)
Dang, I wish I was your neighbor! To bad for Norm and Lisa. Well, that's what they get for moving!
Post a Comment