Monday, June 16, 2008

Makenna Baptized!


Here is a picture of Makenna the day of her baptism. I didn't have the pictures on my own camera, so I didn't get to post this as early as I would have liked.
Makenna was baptized with her cousin Jackson Phippen on May 31st 2008 at the Orem Aspen Stake Center. We knew that we were going to be moving around the time that she was turning 8, and didn't want to have all the family have to drive down to St. George, so we thought that we would wait just 2 months and have it done with my sister Jill's son, Jack. It was so much fun to have it done together. What a neat experience for Makenna and Jack to be able to say that they were baptized on the same day. Makenna sang the song My Baptism Day by Janice Kapp Perry (circa 1988) and it is the exact same song that I sang when I was baptized. She did such a great job! She's our little star. We had a big lunch with all the Preston family, Johnson family, and Phippen family afterward at the pavillion there at the Stake Center. It was such a nice day and I couldn't be more proud of my little Makenna!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Makenna! I can't believe she is 8! Time flies. I'm glad it was a great day:)

Dottie Stay said...

What a special day to be with her cousin. She is so adorable, and I can't wait to hear her sing. I had so much fun with you the other night. seriously, I almost wet myself.

Hillary Corpuz said...

So cute.. congratulations Makenna..

Maria said...

So that stake center is right around the corner from me! Too bad I didn't know abou it!
Congrats on the baptism. What an immensely special day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Makenna!