A few weeks ago I was awakened by the sound of the garage door being opened. I jumped out of bed sure that Maddie had escaped and I found Seth using the "toilet" on the front dirt. That was fabulous! Can't take him anywhere. Anyway I took care of that problem and then asked him if Maddie had come outside with him. He told me that she was upstairs sleeping. (Hint: never trust a 3 year old.) We decided to watch a show until it was time to wake Maddie to get ready for her last day of summer school. When it was time I went up to "wake" her and couldn't find her anywhere. I panicked and awakened the great sleeping bear (aka Joe). We both jumped into our cars to search for the wandering Maddie. Have I told you all before that she wanders? Just checking. He went one way and I went another way and had no luck for a while. Then after I passed him on the road I thought that I would try another place. I turned down a street not too far away from our street, and I saw a little person walking down the sidewalk in her Dora jammies holding onto some kind of toy. I pulled over and gave her a "talking to" not that it helps anything, but it makes me feel better. She was hanging on to an Elmo toy and a dalmatian puppy dog. The worst part of the whole ordeal is that they weren't our toys. I don't know whose house she "took" them from, and whose house or houses she had been in. This had all happened before 7:30 a.m. If it was your house and you are missing any toys, please let me know. Needless to say we have a few "stolen" toys at our house. I came to find out later that Joe thought that I had locked the back door and I thought he had done it. So we double and triple check the locks before going to bed now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
what a story! I'm glad you found her!!
That is so funny. Okay, maybe not so funny at the time but at least it is now. Thanks so much for those pics of Maddie. They worked great for Cody's presentation. We miss you guys!
Oh my! Your mom and dad just told us that story tonight at dinner! She is sweet and so cute, sounds like she keeps you busy!
Oh my! Your mom and dad just told us that story tonight at dinner! She is sweet and so cute, sounds like she keeps you busy!
Wow Jenny, you sure have your hands full. I think it is a funny story you will probably be telling years from now. Thanks for sharing it with me. Sweet Maddie. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to find out where she went to find the toys.
Post a Comment