This 4th of July and the day after, we spent the day building our brand new vinyl fence. Joe got up bright and early and started digging up our backyard. The dirt was so hard that it took forever to get it all scooped out where he needed it. Joe's dad Phil, and my dad Bill, and Cody Widerberg (Anna's husband) showed up to help us. About half way into the day, Phil got heat stroke and was so sick. We felt so bad that he got sick and had to go home. Also, Cody came to help but I don't know what he was planning to do since he had broken his finger the day before. So it was just Joe, my dad and myself. We got busy and put the rest of that back fence together. Luckily Anna took my kids to her house so we could work hard. Usually they tell you to set your posts and then come back the next day or so to put the rest together, but we did it all at the same time. It was so nice to get it all done. We made sure that it was all level and straight etc and it worked out really well. I have to say that I am so glad that my dad came to help. He showed up around 11 on Saturday morning and the 3 of us whipped up the side fence. It wasn't really all that quickly done, but we did get it finished. These are a few of my favorite pictures from the day. Thanks so much to all of you that helped! We really appreciate you. I don't know what I would do without Anna to dump my kids on at the last minute. She is a lifesaver. Take a good look at my new fence but don't get too jealous. If only we had the gates...
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You're fence looks really nice! I am so jealous! We got our sprinklers and sod done this year but the fence will have to wait until next year. I hear you on digging through the hard ground, ours was all clay. It must be nice to know you can lock your kiddies in and not have to worry about them running away!
Looks great!
By the way, did you see American Idol auditions are in Salt Lake City on July 29th?? You better be there!!!!!!!
I would so love to audition! I read the rules and restrictions etc and I am too old! I even decided that I was going to go last season but they didn't have the auditions in Vegas like they had the time before so I couldn't do it. St. George was so close to Vegas and I was stoked, then they changed the audition site. I should find out if I can still do it since I am just barely 29. Its really not a big deal but it sure would be fun.
Dang, the gates are what will really do the trick with the kids. I hope it doesn't contain them all the time, because I love to hear the cute stories of Maddie escaping. I know, I shouldn't think they are cute, because you are spitting nails, but to hear you tell the stories is the best part! The fence looks great!!
Jenn,
Hey, it's Ashlie Bundy...I hope you remember me, Jana was telling me that you guys moved up here and then I ran into your blog so I thought I'd say hello. It looks like you don't live too far from us, we are just in Saratoga Springs so maybe we'll run into each other sometime. Anyways, I hope all is well with your cute little family, you can check our blog out at www.juddandash.blogspot.com
Ashlie
Shenny-penny,
I feel guilt about not having John there. I was SO sick, and we all had the croup & cough... but you have helped ME so much.
I need to come help you more. What about if Makenna slept over here one day? Like Tuesday to Wednesday, or Wednesday to Thursday?
Yay for fences! I didn't know Makenna was baptized too! Tell her congrats for me! I hope your liking it up North! We miss you down here!
Post a Comment