
A good friend of mine, and a fellow mom of a child with Down Syndrome, showed me this picture today. It came with a story that talks about one of the Angels that has Down Syndrome, but the artist never makes mention of the fact that some of them are different. This painting was made way before the man "discovered" Down Syndrome or named it that. The best part of the painting is that she is doing just the exact same things as the others. They are just a capable of participating in Jesus' birth as other people.
I wanted to share this picture with all of you say how grateful I am for my Maddie. I am so glad that she is apart of our home. Sometimes I don't even think of her as being any different as other children. She does the same things that my other 2 kids do, and is every bit as loud and vocal about it. She is truly a joy to have in our home. I am also so thankful for Makenna and Seth. I love them all. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and wonderful holiday this week.

3 comments:
That is a beautiful picture. I love all your kids! I'm so happy to have you as neighbors.
What a beautiful picture and post. Thanks for sharing Jen! You have an awesome family.
Love ya
That is the neatest picture. I have never seen in before. Thanks so much for sharing that. I know that they love you just as much Jen. Talk about a fantastic mom! You are the greatest!!
Post a Comment