Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Frame


So I have to tell you all about this beautiful frame... My sister in law Anna and I decided that we needed to attend the day after Thanksgiving sale at Joannes. We arrived shortly before noon (so we were still able to get the door buster extra 20% off) and then had to wait for

4 hours to even get our material cut. We are CRAZY!! We came across great frames that were 60% off and then the extra door buster 20% off of that. They ended up being about 32.00. Isn't it so pretty? Well I have to tell you the best part. I got this frame originally to give to my parents for Christmas but then decided that I couldn't part with it. I wasn't sure if they would ever even fill it up with pictures so I didn't think that I should give it away. I knew that I could never let that frame stay empty. After I bought it I didn't have enough room to haul it home so it had to wait at Anna's house until Christmas break. As I was getting ready to come home I realized that I hadn't gotten the frame back from Anna's. My in-laws were going to be coming over to bring me something so I had them bring it to me. When my parents saw how pretty the frame was they thought that they should keep it. I then told them that I was going to give it to them for Christmas and then changed my mind. I should never have said that. They didn't really care, but then I felt bad. Anyway... I finally got it home. I spent Sunday night arranging the pictures and putting it all together. I set it up against a chair in the front room and then went to bed. The next morning while I was getting out of the shower, I heard a huge crash. I rushed into the front room and found my beautiful new frame all broken apart. The back was off and the wood on one of the sides was completely broken apart. You know how there are 4 sides to a frame? Well one of those sides was missing. At least it was at a seam. As soon as I managed not to lose my temper completely, I stood the frame up and noticed that the glass was pushed too far into the wood. I was being so brilliant and thought that I needed to try and get it back to normal. Then the glass shattered. Here my beautiful NEW frame was broken. Ruined! I was so sad and I wished that I had left it at my parents house. At least it would have still been in one piece. I cleaned up all the glass and then proceeded to to put humpty dumpty back together again. I retrieved the gorilla glue for the frame and then got to work. Now my frame is but back together again (minus the glass) and even hanging on my wall. I decided that with prints that are on the computer I could have them get dusty and then just print them again when they were ruined. Its a good thing that I made a very short story so long isn't it? I do the same thing when I talk. I'm just like the energizer bunny....

6 comments:

Hillary Corpuz said...

Oh jen.. I can not see that happening. Who was the culprit might I ask?? It is a really pretty frame.

Camie said...

Something like this happened to me once. I had bought a cute print for a bathroom only to find that it was available at another retailer for about half the price. On my way to return it, I fell on it and punched my finger right through it!

I have heard the framer next to Hurst has good prices, for if you ever wanted to get some new glass cut.

Sorry, Jen!

Dottie Stay said...

Dang, that is the worst feeling! I hate when something breaks. It is such a beautiful frame. I love it! That looks like a lot of work too. You made it look fantastic!

Tiffany said...

My email is millert79@hotmail - I will be there. Colby has scouts that night but I'll have him take the boys! Can't wait!!

Jillian Preston Phippen said...

BTW, glass isn't too expensive. I have glass shelves in my bathroom that we paid less than $10 to have cut. Seriously. Call a "glazier" (glass maker/cutter) and give them the dimensions and find out what it would cost. I'll bet you'll be surprised that the glass itself is pretty cheap.

Where would mom have hung it, anyway? She already has a wall of cork boards...

Jillian Preston Phippen said...

PS: Your orange font is REALLY hard to read. The aqua is lovely, though. These tired eyes like the lighter color.