Thursday, February 21, 2008

Crazy...Crazy...Crazy...

So, I have learned that life can through us some pretty crazy changes when we least expect it! Last week Joe was having a pretty crappy week at his job and decided that he had had enough!!! He called his dad and his dad reminded him of a company that one of his good friends (Phils friend) was the vice president of. He talked a little bit about it to him and then Joe decided to give him a call. To make a long story short, Joe talked to him on Tuesday or Wednesday and he asked him to come up to Salt Lake on Friday the 15th of February for an interview. So lets just say that we made a quick escape on Thursday evening and drove on up to the Salted City. His interview went really well and they wanted him to come back on Wednesday to talk to the other owner and vice president. So Joe met with the guys yesterday and all went well and now I have a husband that has a job up in Salt Lake. I guess what I am trying to say is that we are moving to the land of the North. We have been here for 6 years and I have loved it so much. I really am going to miss it here. I have a great house that I have to sell (cross your fingers) and I am going to miss the yard and my friends. I doubt that I will be going anywhere for a while with the market being the way it is, but one can only hope. Joe's parents live in Sandy so it is nice that he can stay up there with them on the week days. He will be coming home on the weekends as often as he can, and it will probably drive me absolutely mad, but we will make it work. I can't wait to see all of you that live up there on a regular basis now. Keep your fingers crossed that I can sell my house some day...

19 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

I am so excited! Will you live in Salt Lake county? That is great that Joe is so motivated. I can't wait to see you more!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Good luck with the house adventure!

Kristen said...

oh Jen I am so sad!! It has been so fun having you do my hair and getting to know you better! I love your spunky personality. It really has been a joy being your friend...we will miss you a ton!!

p.s. how come everytime I find someone that I like doing my hair she moves????

Camie said...

Best of luck, Jen!

Unknown said...

Jen I feel like this is bitter sweet!:( Of course bitter because I am going to miss you but then again most of our conversations are on email or blogging or by phone:) And sweet because I know Joe has been hating his job and I am excited that he has found something great! Call me so we can catch up!!

Unknown said...

Hey at least my family is up there so I can come up and visit you!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Kristen- That is very true and I will have to come down and stay at your house when I visit. Wouldn't you just love that?

Kindra said...

YEA! That is exciting news! Our kids will have to play, play, play!

Jillian Preston Phippen said...

I hope the house sells SOON.

malia said...

Oh man! That is a huge deal, Jen! Moving! Wow! And you have been there for 6 years. That is a long time. I hope and pray that the move will go well, that you will be able to sell your house quickly, and that in the meantime the commute will be safe.

I must say that I am kind of excited that you are moving to SLC. That makes the possibility of seeing you that much more accessible. :) Best of luck to you guys.

Ace said...

Wow. That's amazing! Good luck on selling your house!

Annie said...

It's amazing how life can change so quickly. Good luck with the house selling and the new job!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Thanks you guys!

Maria said...

YAY! Now I will maybe see you once in awhile! Best of luck with the house AND that he likes the job...

Custer Family said...

Yeah! I am excited for you guys. Good luck with the move and house selling. I expect to get together for lunch after your move. Love ya

Tiffany said...

We're going to miss you - seriously! But glad it's a good move for you and thank goodness for BLOGS!!!

Hillary Corpuz said...

YEAH, I have to admit I am a tad excited to have you within a 50 mile radius. (that's just an estimate.) Caitlee was asking about Maddie the other day, she said, "Did Jen and Maddie die?" I said, "Um, no, why do you say that?" her reply "'cause we never see them anymore.." (Don't worry she always asks if people are dead. I can't decide if it's something I should worry about.)

Dave and Natalie said...

Jen,
I am thrilled for you! That is great! I understand all the feelings you must be feeling! Hang in there and I will keep my fingers crossed on selling your home. Love Always!

Jana Homer said...

Okay, so I have mixed feelings about this. I'm excited for your hubby's new job, but move?! Noooo!! You can't leave us! I'm sorry, but hopefully your house won't sell and you'll have to stay here. Okay, that's mean, I hope it does sell. You guys deserve it!