My heart is so full today after watching the funeral services for our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinkley. I have seen so many wonderful blogs and emails that others have written about their memories and wonderful things that the prophet has done, and it has touched me deeply. I was saddened to hear about his passing on Monday morning. I don't watch the news, so when I woke up to hear about it on the radio I was shocked. He was (and is) such a wonderful man. I was sad and yet at the same time thrilled for him to return to his wife. I didn't cry at first, and when I saw some of the neat tributes on emails, I got teary and sad for a minute, but didn't cry. I was genuinely happy for him to return home. It wasn't until the funeral started and I saw the casket on the stand that I really lost it. Maybe its because I have such a distaste in my mouth for funerals, but I cried and cried throughout the entire funeral. I am seriously not that sad because he truly lived his life to the fullest and was an amazing man. He did more than some of us will ever dream of doing. He is where he is supposed to be. I just had so many memories of him in conference and seeing him lead the church that I couldn't hold it in any longer. You would have thought that he was my own grandpa. I just wanted to say that I love him! He was such a wonderful man and prophet. Such a great example to me and to all of us. I really am going to miss him. I was so touched by all the wonderful things that were said. He truly was a hero!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet...
My heart is so full today after watching the funeral services for our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinkley. I have seen so many wonderful blogs and emails that others have written about their memories and wonderful things that the prophet has done, and it has touched me deeply. I was saddened to hear about his passing on Monday morning. I don't watch the news, so when I woke up to hear about it on the radio I was shocked. He was (and is) such a wonderful man. I was sad and yet at the same time thrilled for him to return to his wife. I didn't cry at first, and when I saw some of the neat tributes on emails, I got teary and sad for a minute, but didn't cry. I was genuinely happy for him to return home. It wasn't until the funeral started and I saw the casket on the stand that I really lost it. Maybe its because I have such a distaste in my mouth for funerals, but I cried and cried throughout the entire funeral. I am seriously not that sad because he truly lived his life to the fullest and was an amazing man. He did more than some of us will ever dream of doing. He is where he is supposed to be. I just had so many memories of him in conference and seeing him lead the church that I couldn't hold it in any longer. You would have thought that he was my own grandpa. I just wanted to say that I love him! He was such a wonderful man and prophet. Such a great example to me and to all of us. I really am going to miss him. I was so touched by all the wonderful things that were said. He truly was a hero!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I agree with everything you said about him. I loved watching the funeral and all of the documentaries on him also. Just think of the reunion that has gone on this whole past week!!
Thanks Jen, that was nice:)
Me too! I cried throught the whole thing too! I love President Hinckley!
I totally know what you mean. I feel like I have had a lot of experience with death and have a testimony of what happens after this mortal life is over, but i still really hate funerals despite what we know. The night I found out about it, I just cried and cried while I was saying my prayers. Then I went to bed and woke up feeling peaceful...still sad, but peaceful. You are right. He lived a very full life and earned his stay in heaven with his sweet wife. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment