Sunday, August 24, 2008

I did it!

So I decided the other day that I was going to be a blonde again. I got it into my head, so there was no changing my mind. After the kids went to school I whipped out the bleach and the 40 volume developer. I put it all over my hair and on the head. I cannot even begin to describe how bad it itched and burned my head. I think I made it for over 45 minutes on there, but I am not sure how I did it. I was scratching and itching and screaming while it was on there. I'm sure that Seth thought that I had gone super crazy. I was afraid that I was. Well I had to wash it off (of course) before the hair all fell off and then realized that I had to get Makenna a 3 ring binder for school. Good thing I have my trusty (not quite pink) Yankees hat. I threw that onto my orange hair and ran to the store. I forgot the mention that the roots were blonde, just not the ends. It was a beautiful sight. I wish that I would have taken pictures. I made it to the store and even to the school and then Helen called and wanted to go to Lunch. I still had on the hat, so I went to lunch too. It was so tasty. I haven't been to Los Hermanos in forever and I love that place. After lunch I went back to Anna's house and luckily for me my cousin Krista was there to help me put some more bleach onto the ends. It was a great idea (before) but who knows why I do these things to myself. Then I had to drive down to my moms house to say goodbye to Sarah (because she was leaving the next morning to go home to New York). Here I was driving on the freeway with bleach all over my hair and looking oh so nice. I thought after over a half an hour with more 40 volume and bleach that I should wash it out, and then it was peach. Not SO good. I was just a tiny bit bothered by that point. I had bought some ash to put on it because I knew that red is the hardest to remove, and I knew that I would need it, so I then put that on. There were some parts that took too well to the bleach because then they went purple. I had some really peach colored hair and some gray hair. I was really worried at that point. After I made it back to my house I looked into my stash of color to see if I possibly had any extra color and to my surprise I had a 10n and a 10bg. I mixed them together and this is the end result. It is a lot lighter than what I think I was planning to be, but this is what it is going to have to stay for a while, or else it will all fall out!!!

5 comments:

Linda said...

It looks beautiful Jen! Your eyes are so darn pretty! I like your blond hair.

Kristen said...

LOVE it!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

It looks great! I liked you red, too, but blonde's have more fun...right?
I wish you were still here to do my hair!

malia said...

wow! what a process! you look fabulous though! why are you so dang pretty? i am so jealous!

and i really wish you lived here. i am dying for a haircut and would love to pay you instead of these salon people out here. :)

Hillary Corpuz said...

Jen! you should know better than to go from RED to BLONDE! SILLY GIRL! I do like it though, very sassy.