Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering Spetember 11, 2001


I can still remember the day as if it happened just yesterday. I was pregnant with Maddie and an emotional basket case anyway, and I just kept thinking about those poor people who have just lost loved ones. There were thousands lost. Not just a few, so many. We are so lucky to have the time that we have with our husbands, children, friends, family that we do have. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone that you love them. I have been thinking about that a lot today and wanted to share it. I can't even express how much I love my family. My husband and children are the world to me. Just as my parents and siblings and in-laws. I am so grateful for them. I hope that we can just remember how much they mean to us and to hold them just a little bit tighter and for just a little bit longer tonight. When I think about the songs that were written about 9/11 the song called "One Last Time" comes to mind. It's a song about one of the pilots that gets to call his wife just before the plane goes down. How would that have been to have to hear your husband say goodbye and that he knew that he wasn't going to be coming home? I think it would be great to have gotten to talk to him, but so hard. I just hope that we can remember all those that helped that day and who lost their lives.

5 comments:

elowe said...

I remember that day perfectly as well and I too am so grateful for all of my loved ones. You are so adorable!
Love, Eileen

Unknown said...

I love you Jen!

Erica said...

That was a great post. I was also thinking about 9/11 a lot yesterday, also about the people in Houston who have to evacuate because of the hurricane. I just look at my little family and feel so lucky that we're safe. You put my feelings into words!

Bethany said...

Jen! I didn't realize you had a blog. Glad I found you.

Thank you for this post. Ü

malia said...

yeah. it was a very, very sad day. i find it very interesting too. the city is always very somber on 9/11...as it should be.