Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Peachy Pie



Its official! I have finally tasted the most talked about pie of the season. The fresh peach pie from Crowshaw Pies. I have heard all kinds of great things about this pie, and how hard it is to get, so I called and low and behold I got my hands on one. I had to call right at 9 in the morning and see if they had any left for the day. They said they had one available and that I could pick it up after 11:00. My darling friend Carolyn had said that she would love to taste these yummy pies too, so after we went and picked it up, we went to her house to have a pie picnic. It was great. Not as good as I was thinking it was going to be, or for the price it was, but it was good. I think that the company was even better. I hadn't seen Carolyn forever and it was so much fun to see her and visit with her. It you haven't had a chance to have a fresh peach pie this summer, make your own!

6 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

My sister talks about the Croshaw bakery. I have only had a little bit of a berry pie. It was good. Compared to anything I would make though, it was heavenly! I don't cook.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. My mouth is watering. If I knew how to make a pie, I just might try it. :)

C Hansen said...

Pie?? Next week?? Its ON!! The flavor will be a surpise (No mince meat don't worry!)

Annie said...

Isn't that how it usually goes? It just doesn't live up to the hype? Oh well, it still looks delicious. I now NEED to have some pie, too.

Unknown said...

So glad you gave in and got a pie! I did try to make my own because it was so delish but it wasn't nearly as good. dave loved it so much he went there last week at 9 and bought another one! It lived up to it for me but then again peaches are my fave! We'll have to go sometime so you can try their sour cream lemon pie. Now that is AMAZING!!! Their is not another pie like it! a whole pie is only 7.99! Now that's a deal!

Jillian Preston Phippen said...

No pie can stand up to the cinnamon oblivion at Outback Steakhouse. I highly recommend that little obsentity. Don't share. Trust me.