Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rodeo





Saturday was the day for the special needs rodeo put on by the Lions Club. It was fun! Hotter than sin, but fun. I really think that its sick and wrong to be over 100 degrees in the middle of September, but that's just me. They had this darling little donkey with a saddle on it, and some baby goats, cows, chickens, and ducks. Maddie was thrilled with looking at them all and even decided to WALK the goat instead of grabbing the orange tape off of its tail. She said come on goat and pulled it around. It was so cute. Seth got in the area with the ducks and tried to catch one, but didn't succeed. They really had a blast. By the time we left, they were both bright red and happy. I had to keep telling them to have a drink, but for the most part they could care less about that. Makenna was at a birthday party so she missed the touching of the animals, but she went to the "real" rodeo later that night with the DeHaan's. She had a blast telling me all about the bucking bulls. She sure does like her horses and the outdoors. We all had fun while Joe was busy working. Maybe he will get to come and play next time. Joe and I got a babysitter later that night and went to see the Bourne Ultimatum. I thought it was great. You always wonder about a 3rd movie in a series being any good, but it was really good. We liked it and had a lot of fun. Seems like it has been many moons since we went to a movie and I am glad we did.

2 comments:

Jillian Preston Phippen said...

I have visions of Seth trying to catch a duck---and I seriously thought that what Maddie was walking was a naked llama. "Yay, I'm a llama again!"

It looks like it was tons of fun. I wonder how Asa would react? He's usually mad at our dog for licking him or getting in his way, so I can't envision a rodeo/pet-the-barnyard-animal activity... but I'm thinking about it.

malia said...

You are certainly involved in so many wonderful things, Jen. That is so awesome! I'm sure you are making a huge difference and I think that is fantastic!