Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Trampoline

My kids got a trampoline for Christmas from Grandpa and Grandma Johnson. It took Joe a few weeks to decide to put it together, and then one day he came home from work and started to put it together. I am not going to make a short story long, so I am going to tell you that he had issues with the frame and it was bent. He had spent several hours on it and it had faulty metal bars. Needless to say we took it back and got another one. Since it was one that was a special size for the holidays they didn't have the same one at the same price, so we had to spend an extra $95 dollars to get one that was 14 feet instead of 13 feet. Last Monday we started to put it up and I think it was Monday or Tuesday that it was finished. The kids love it. Dakota the dog even thinks that she should jump on it with them. Seth and Maddie are just thrilled with the trampoline.

Today we had a huge windstorm and let me tell you that it was a doozy. After the wind it started to snow. I know its strange to hear of snow in St. George. It was beautiful. I told Maddie that it was snowing and that we should go and look at it. We went to the back door and looked outside. I noticed that our trampline was missing. I got kind of scard and told Joe that our tramp was gone. He was home for lunch. So we went out front to see where it had run off too. We found it upside down in the neighbors front yard. That was after it smacked the corner of our roof, hit the block wall and knocked some blocks loose, made a hole in the side of the neighbors side of the house, landed on their roof and took off some tiles, and then landed in their front yard. I think that maybe we aren't supposed to have a trampline. Who knows. My kids got to play on their tramp for about 5 days because the other days it was rainy. I feel so bad. When Makenna came home from school she saw it upside down and started crying. It was their Christmas present. I don't know what we will do. Thats my story...

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so sorry that is way sad:( I feel bad! I hate the wind it is not very nice! Good Luck!

Dottie Stay said...

Oh my gosh what a nightmare! What did you neighbors say? Who would ever think that they would have to stake down a tramp!? Good luck. I hope Mckenna is happier!

Jillian Preston Phippen said...

This is totally your luck. Seriously.

Hillary Corpuz said...

oh good hell.. of all the people.. didn't you know you are supposed to bolt those to the grass? Just kidding, that's horrible.. does the insurance cover that?

Unknown said...

I still can't believe it. I had to read this post to Dave! What a nightmare. I am so sorry. What a pain in the butt! I wanted to get a tramp for my kids for Christmas and Dave said no.... Guess he was right AGAIN!!! Our garbage cans were down the street in two different neighbors yards lol!! So so sorry:(

Tiffany said...

I saw it out on the front lawn and I can't believe that seriously happened. Although I kept worrying that something was going to hit my house, the dang wind was blowing so hard. I hope all the repairs go well!

Ace said...

Oh.My.Word. That totally sucks. :( So sorry Jen!

malia said...

oh that is so sad! i'm so sorry to hear about what happened. i bet your kids were upset. i bet the parents were upset too. that totally stinks! :(

Katie said...

Really, this is the saddest story I've heard. Poor things. Hope it worked out.