Friday, August 17, 2007

Famous Maddie Sue


I just wanted to share our good news with you all. I received an email today from the NDSS (national down syndrome society) that had to do with a picture that I sent in of Maddie. This is what it said:
"Congratulations! After a nationwide search, a photo you submitted for the 2007 NDSS Video Presentation in Times Square has been selected! The show will run in Times Square on the larger-than-life Newscorp Astrovision by Panasonic on Sunday, September 30 at 10:30 a.m. The National Down Syndrome Society invites you, and your family and friends, to celebrate National Down Syndrome Awareness Month by attending the show and participating in the New York City Buddy Walk. Thousands are expected to participate in this event to promote acceptance and inclusion of all people with Down syndrome.
We’re excited to have John C. McGinley, who plays Dr. Cox in the popular NBC show Scrubs, as our 2007 National Buddy Walk spokesperson. And, Chris Burke, from ABC’s Life Goes On will also lead the one-mile walk through the park. From 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m., we’ll relax and have fun in Central Park with games, refreshments, music and more! Our post-Walk festivities in Central Park will include performances by LAZ D, a nationally known hip-hop/rap artist who happens to have Down syndrome and Rachel Coleman, co-creator and host of the successful Signing Time! series (seen on PBS as well as available on DVD and video). The CBS FM Street Team will also be on hand to provide music and keep the crowd moving! You won't want to miss a moment of the fun!"

I'm sure that there will be thousands of pictures of kids throughout the country but I am so excited that Maddie gets to be in the video. I think that the pictures above are the 3 that I sent it, but I can't be entirely sure. She is going to be FAMOUS! Just teasing. We think she is pretty special.

The only person that I can think of that could even go to this even is Malia and it happens to be on a Sunday. Maybe you will have to make your way over to see her picture on the huge jumbo tron thing. Sorry about all the colors I just figured out how to do it so I got a wee bit carried away.

1 comment:

malia said...

That is so fun! She is a beautiful little girl. I will write it down, but remind me and I will be sure to go to see Maddie and her moments of fame. :)